Government launches new coronavirus business support hub
Businesses seeking financial support and guidance during the coronavirus pandemic can now find what they need at the Government’s new business support hub.
The website has been created to direct business owners to the financial help they need during these rapidly changing and challenging times.
Intended to be the first port of call for businesses throughout the UK, the support hub provides clear and straightforward information on:
- what financial support businesses can receive
- how employers can claim for their employees’ wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- how people can apply for a grant if they are self-employed
Business owners can also use the website to learn more about how they can stay open and operate safely during the coronavirus outbreak.
While the Government has asked some non-essential shops and public venues to close, it has published additional guidance for those businesses it hopes will remain open. This guidance includes:
- enabling employees to work from home, where possible
- following social distancing guidelines in full, and taking all action required to reduce the risk of transmission between workers
- sending home any staff member who develops symptoms of coronavirus and asking that they remain there for seven days
- frequently cleaning and disinfecting objects and surfaces that people touch regularly
You can read the full guidance at the Government’s website.
You can find advice to businesses in other nations of the UK at the following web pages: