COVID-19: Guidance and advice
COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Guidance and advice for businesses
On this page, we collate current coronavirus-related resources for businesses and tell you where to go for the most up-to-date guidance and advice.
BVCA (British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association)
This page compiles official government guidance and provides updates from other trade associations on the following topics and areas:
- Financial support from Government
- General guidance for employers
- Concerns around supply chains, payments and cybersecurity
- Travel and insurance matters
- FCA advice for regulated businesses
Click here to visit BVCA’s website
ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
This page brings together resources on different aspects of business and how coronavirus affects them. It provides:
- information on financial support for businesses
- advice for employers and employees
- guidance on dealing with disruption to business
- information on auditing, tax and financial reporting
Click here to visit ICAEW’s website.
Business Support — UK Government
This website is intended to help people find the support their businesses need. It provides advice in the areas of:
- finance and business planning — including government support and grants
- innovation and technology
- leadership and talent
Click here to visit the Government’s business support page.
Healthcare advice for businesses — UK Government
The UK Government’s website provides healthcare advice for employers and businesses during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. It has guidance on:
- how to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- what to do if someone in the workplace becomes ill
- sick pay and certification of absence from work resulting from COVID-19
Click here to visit the Government’s healthcare advice page.
British Chambers of Commerce
This page provides guidance and practical resources around what businesses can do to support the UK Government’s coronavirus strategy and limit the impact of coronavirus on local communities.
Click here to visit the British Chambers of Commerce website.
CBI (Confederation of British Industry)
This page explains the UK Government’s new coronavirus measures and what they mean for business.
Click here to visit the CBI’s website.
Enterprise Nation is a community of small businesses and business advisers that help direct people to trusted business support. Its website provides up-to-date guidance on how small businesses can access financial support from the Government during the coronavirus outbreak.
Click here to visit Enterprise Nation’s website.
This page provides businesses and consumers with up-to-date details of the financial support available from the banking and finance industry during the coronavirus outbreak.
Click here to visit UK Finance’s website.
R3 is the trade body of the insolvency and restructuring profession. Its website provides advice and guidance for businesses on aspects of insolvency and restructuring and what steps to take during those processes.
Click here to visit R3’s website.
Philip King, Small Business Commissioner